Spectral measurements in production or production environment
Online measurements place high demands on the optical measurement instrumentation.
Common necessities are
- a high measurement speed
- resistant against mechanical stress, e.g. vibrations and collisions
- long-term stability
- insensitive against ambient light
- 100 % reliable data transfer
Such measurements are often done with sensors and filter devices due to speed demands. But there exist more and more online measuring applications where spectral data are necessary because they give additional information about the process or the product quality. Due to the fact that spectroradiometer became increasingly robust and fast, they can be used for such applications if all needed parameters are carefully checked.
Possible applications are
- the quality check of special light sources, e.g. constant Color Temperature lamps
- the adjustment of LED light sources
- the color coding of products
- the measurement of displays
The spectroscopy instruments of the JETI specbos and spectraval series can be used for such applications. Both spectroradiometers can be implemented into customer specific applications using DLL functions of the Software Development Kit (SDK, included in the device delivery). The radiometric calculations are done in the instrument and the results, e.g. special spectral values, the Color temperature or colorimetric values, are exported to the host PC.
- DWORD JETI_Measure (DWORD dwDevice)
- DWORD JETI_Photo (DWORD dwDevice, FLOAT *fPhoto)
- DWORD JETI_Chromxy10 (DWORD dwDevice, FLOAT *fChromx10, FLOAT *fChromy10)
- DWORD JETI_CCT (DWORD dwDevice, DWORD *dwCCT)
The standard models of specbos and spectraval are equipped with a USB interface. Both spectroradiometer are offered optionally with additional LAN interface (spectraval 1501 LAN and specbos 1211-2-LAN). It is recommended to use a LAN interface for online applications because its higher robustness and the data transfer is more reliable, particularly in electromagnetically disturbed surroundings. Other applications for the LAN versions are practices with many lamp power supplies, with motor driven parts and with long distances between probe and host computer.
The difference between spectraval and specbos is that the specbos can measure radiance and irradiance and the spectraval only allows the measurement of spectral radiance.
specbos 1211-2 is available with different interfaces:
- RS 232