JETI LiVal Changelog
Version history of JETI LiVal (Last updated on April 17, 2020)
- company address
- the spectral weighting function could be shifted if the wavelength ranges do not match the measured spectrum -> fixed
- Mode designator in saved (or user created) reference files is not case-sensitive anymore. The same for "MODEL". (For lamp files, the mode was already not case-sensitive).
- "Choose Standard Illuminant"-utility showed false settings if called before an RGB-Widget has been displayed somewhere. -> fixed
- Export as PDF report
- Museum Lighting Damage - widget
- Color Difference Widget (CIE76, CIEDE2000)
- Save as .CSV and .SPC: information about hazard calculation and museum lighting damage modes can be saved (to make calculations correctly if loading). Checkboxes in the "Save" window.
- TM-30-18 standard (replaced TM-30-15); Color Vector Graphic (CVG) widget correspondingly updated
- Hazard: measuring mode and viewing angle are saved for every measurement. This information is exported into the table and in Excel.
- and + shortcuts to switch presets
- Basic device parameters are logged in an individual file named by device number.
- Maximum number of points for xy-polygons supported by Pass/Fail and Rank View increased to 15.
- New custom made message boxes with icons.
- Behaviour of transferring of measurements to table, saving them as reference and building a PDF-report from them is unified. Three buttons below the legend instead of menu items.
- "Measuring mode"-drop-down-list appears only in offline mode. With device connected, the mode is displayed inside the "Measurement" button.
- Hazard: settings in the widget have influence only on subsequent measurements (not on previous; nothing is recalculated if settings are changed)
- Hazard: Now, Hazard is not calculated if some Spectral Weighting Function is loaded (to avoid confusion with double-applied weighting functions). If that's a case, a notice about it is shown in the Hazard-widget.
- Hazard: Options->Table - if Hazard is checked, Calibration File is also checked and dimmed to make it impossible to unckeck it.
- Hazard: Maximum time in Retina Thermal Weak mode had no upper limit. -> fixed (now it is 28800 seconds = 8 hours, after what it gets the value of PositiveInfinity)
- PromptPopup (dialog to enter a string) had false behaviour: if input something and clicked with a mouse somewhere in the dialog, always the same event as after clicking on the "OK"-button has been fired. -> fixed
- Export of multiple measurements in .CSV could take long because of a bug in .CSV-exporting routine. -> fixed
- Calibrations which have zeroes could cause crash -> fixed
- Laser intensity has not been changed if applying focusing optics to a spectraval device. -> fixed
- The spectral weighting function could be shifted if the wavelength ranges do not match the measured spectrum. -> fixed
- Setup and Program where not digitally signed -> fixed
- Import from SD-card - files are deselected in the list during operation.
- Import from SD-card - It is possible to cancel operation by closing of the progress bar.
- Import from SD-card - opening of other windows or applications during import caused LiVal to look like a crash ("no response" etc.). -> fixed
- 2 custom presets added
- Preset-Backward and Preset-Forward arrow buttons
- Functions Ssc, Slc, Smc, Smel, Srh (circadian norm 2018), CIE1931 and CIE1964 x,y,z in distribution
- "ipRGC-Influenced Responses to Light" widget (5 curves; 5 corresponding values)
- History widget: view of total time
- Menu/Options/TM-30-15. Show Rf&Rg in the angled chart on/off, precision and font size
- Treating of adaption failure error in case of continuous mode. Creating of empty measurements marked red in the legend
- Minimum value of sync.-frequency numeric control is now 0.1 Hz. If setting to a frequency < 16 Hz fails because of hardware restrictions, it is set to 16 Hz
- Integration time < 1 ms for specbos1211 devices equipped with corresponding hard- and firmware is supported
- Saving of a calibration to device didn't always work with boudrate=3000000. -> fixed
- If sensor mode is switched to "Sensor disabled" and then back to "Sensor active", a message box came that the measuring mode has been changed anyway. -> fixed
- In case of fixed-tint-measurements value of "adapted averages" was 0, what led to improper values in the table. -> fixed
- Labelling of ranks was not nice on xy-chart. -> fixed
- Two widgets for L*u*v* color space: L*u*v* and sC*h.
- "Spectral Calculation" widget: Lv, x, y values of the calcualtion result spectrum.
- Continuous mode - schedule: possibility to set start and end time, a break and periodicity of continuous measurement.
- Capture: streaming of continuously measured spectra into a file for security with very long continuous measurement series.
- History-chart: possibility to click on some data point to jump to corresponding measurements in the legend.
- History-chart: x-axis can have sense of absolute time or of measurement number (switch).
- Offline mode: if there are no measurements and the user tries to open a reference file in another measuring mode than the current, the current measuring mode is automatically switched.
- Export of Sync.-frequency into the table and into the Excel.
- After exporting an Excel table, option to open the target directory.
- "Target"-button in the calibration panel.
- Batch operations with large amounts of data and the table are optimized: instead of allocating small memory blocks many times, one large block is allocated etc.; instead of adding always 1 column to the table, many columns are added with one operation. This increases the speed much: for example, it is possible to transfer 65000 measurements to the table within a reasonable time.
- Calculations of CRI and CQS values were performed for spectra with 5 nm step which consisted of every 5th value of original measured spectra (because calculations are defined for 5 nm step via standards). Now the spectra for CRI and CQS calculation consist of averages of 5 values of original spectra. This improves stability of calculation results.
- Blue cursor in xy- and u'v'-charts was invisible if zoomed in to blue -> fixed (cursors are black now)
- Offline mode: table was not reinitialized if measuring mode has been changed. -> fixed
- Raw spectrum: wavelength and a value on it stood dimmed even after a successful measurement. -> fixed
- Table: memory errors have not been treated. -> fixed
- TimeStamp as seconds since 1.1.1900 for loaded CSV or SPC files hasn't been calculated -> fixed
- Before sync-measurements, laser has not been switched off. -> fixed
- Support of accessories for spectraval (through JETI DLLs 4.4.1)
- Overexposured measuring are marked with red and have "(Overexposure!)" as name prefix.
- Right click on indicators with numeric results displays an 1-item pop-up menu "Copy value". If clicked on it, the value is copied to clipboard.
- Spectral weighting function in the main panel.
- Hazard - equation result multiplied by alpha for Retinal thermal modes.
- Export of calibration file name, averages-setting, battery voltage and battery percentage in Excel and in the table.
- History-widget: possibility to track battery voltage and percentage.
- Changes in main panel layout.
- Uncalibrated device caused crash with "simple spectrum"-widget -> fixed
- Uncalibrated device + "target->laser on after measurement" didn't work -> fixed
- Load SPC with many measurements - memory error due to unnecessary amounts of allocated memory. -> fixed
- Calculations of XYZ->Lab and CRI had errors with dividing by 0. -> fixed
- Calculations for spectra that are like noise around of 0-line sometimes caused a domain error with pow-function (negative value with float power is illegal) -> fixed
- Savitzky-Golay-Filter has not worked. -> fixed
- File->Save - list of spectra has not worked -> fixed
- 3 attempts to read calibration files if error.
- SPC files were saved incorrect for multiple spectra with different wavelength ranges (that happens e.g. if switching calibrations for hazard within the same measuring mode). -> fixed (SPC for multiple measurements are always in XYXY-format now).
- Loading of SPC - time localizing made timestamp false. -> fixed
- Tab-order in "Select Measurements to Be Saved"-window was wrong. -> fixed
- (usability): Options->RGB - it was impossible to switch between measurements in the legend of the main panel, what made using of "Get"-buttons very cumbersome. -> fixed
- Offline + load - incorrect scaling (due to missing calibration WL-range) -> fixed
- Transmission measurement.
- "Spectrum (simple)" widget for the "Measuring results field".
- L*a*b*. Num&chart widgets + L*a*b* settings.
- CIE2017 Color Fidelity Index (CFI). 2 widgets.
- "TM-30-15 all Rf values" (Additional widget for TM-30-15).
[NEW FEATURES FOR EXISTING WIDGETS]
- History: Le (extended), 6 ranges as an option for the value to be tracked.
- History: some additional values can be shown - Min, Max, Max-Min, 100%*(Max-Min)/(Max+Min), Average.
- Hazard: 3 hazard types more (Eye IR, Skin thermal, Retinal thermal for weak visual stimulus).
- Hazard: red color & strikeout for limits in the equation if "calculation range" settings limit them additionally.
- Hazard: output of equation result.
- Raw spectrum: output into the table and Excel; ZOOM-features in Raw Spectrum Chart.
- xy and u'v' charts: "Show all/active" - switch.
[NEW GENERAL SOFTWARE FEATURES]
- Generally, it is possible to make measurements with an uncalibrated device (only Raw Spectrum and Transmission are shown in this case).
- Custom preset: possibility to save the settings into a .DAT file.
- Output of the time stamp as seconds since midnight 01.01.1900 with milliseconds (table, Excel).
- Batch changing of plot options is possible for all selected measurements.
- CTRL+L shortkey to switch the laser. It ignores measuring mode and works also with diffusor.
- Quick mode: setting for upper limit of integration time.
- Quick mode: setting for time between repeating dark measurements.
- Quick mode: works also in combination with fixed integration time.
- If device type is specbos1211, 12 calibrations are possible.
- Calibration panel: "Copy to clipboard"-button.
- Calibration measurement can be interrupted with ESC.
- Calibration panel completely revised.
- Circadian: constants are linearly interpolated (from 5 to 1 nm step) before usage.
- Right click on an item in the legend after multiple choice caused deselect all. -> fixed
- Calculation range for radiance hasn't changed after (re)calibration. -> fixed
- Options/Table: Table has been always updated after clicking on "OK", even if nothing had been changed -> fixed
- Loading of SPC-file: superfluos localizing of timestamp has made it false. -> fixed (localtime -> gmtime).
- ZOOM-reset in the spectrum chart hasn't work. -> fixed.
- OFFLINE - battery menu was active and has shown "battery low"-warning -> fixed.
- Rename of measurements - old name hasn't been shown correctly in dialogs. -> fixed.
- Hazard - export to Excel: instead of "+inf" it was something like "#1INF" and there were "problems" if trying to open the saved Excel file. -> fixed ("+Inf" is now exported as string, because Excel has no number for numerical infinities).
- Busy JETI-LAN-devices have appeared in the device list. -> fixed (through DLLs 4.0.17)
- Hazard (calculations, widget, export into table).
- TLMF (calculation, widget, export into table).
- Le (extended) widget with 6 radiometric values. Export to table and Excel.
- CIE2006 TU Ilmenau modified CMFs for 2° and 10°.
- Menu/Options/Luminous efficiency function. Lv values get corresponding index.
- Re index for CRI. Changes in all affected CRI-widgets and in the summary table.
- Extras->Max. Signal Targeting Help: quick measurements for device adjustment.
- Quick mode
- Auto-zoom option for XY and U'V' charts.
- Tolerances for primary colors for RGB color spaces to be displayed in XY and U'V' charts together with RGB-triangles.
- "Target on" causes laser to turn on after each measurement in a continuous series.
- Menu->Options->Integration Time instead of Instrument Settings. Fixed tint setting is now here.
- RGB white point on XY and U'V' charts is labelled only with "Show RGB color triangle" option turned on.
- History - if X-axis label is longer than 5 characters, 5 last characters are token.
- "Normed" in spectrum chart has used spectral maximum only within "calculation range" of radiance. -> fixed
- Export in Excel: on default no observer was selected. -> fixed (now on default CIE1931 2° is selected).
- Result of CCT calculation in some cases (e.g. with x=0.2252, y=0.2163) caused NaN. -> fixed
- CIE2015 CMFs removed, CIE2006 - corrected. Index for CIE2006 changed to "F" (as in standard).
- Multiple graphical and stability issues.
- "Estimated time" for spectraval for multiple averages (because of firmware changes).
- Export in Excel: on default no observer was selected. -> fixed (now on default CIE1931 2° is selected).
- Condition for interpolation of calibrations changed to <=0.
- Options->RGB - "ITU-R Rec 2020 UHD" renamed to "ITU-R Rec.2020 / Rec.2100"; because there is a new standard, and rbgw coordinates for it are the same.
- Problems with searching for LAN-devices (alien devices could be found) -> fixed throug DLLs V4.0.13.
- RGB sensitivity default value = 100%.
- LAN-devices didn't work -> fixed through DLLs V4.0.12.
- Demo calibrations for radiant flux and radiant intensity
- IES TM-30-15 calculation and 7 widgets for displaying of its results.
- History (tracking) widget.
- New sets of Color Matching Functions (CMFs): CIE2006 2° Schanda-Csuti modified, CIE2015 2° and 10°
- Separate setting of user selected range for radiance calculation, which is not connected with settings of spectrum chart.
- More standard illuminant settings for CRI.
- Planckian locus is calculated and displayed for all CMFs.
- Snap-to-grid feature in "Custom" preset. Widgets can be easier arranged.
- Performance improvements (scaling and zooming problems in case of many measurements).
- Multiple major stability problems with spectraval (especially operated via BlueTooth); treating and logging of errors.
- Support of spectraval (new generation of JETI devices).
- Export of measured spectra as ZEMAX .spcd.
- RGB column chart with many standard color spaces in a list.
- New sets of Color Matching Functions (CMFs): CIE2006 2° and Judd-Vos 1978 2°.
- Session logging.
- Multiple minor issues concerning graphical user interface and program stability.
- Customizable presets/widgets-concept of displaying of measured values.
- New values and displays:
CRI column chart, CRI circle chart
CQS column chart, CQS CIELAB chart (with Qf, Qp and Qg values)
TLCI table, TLCI EBU R137 report
- Circadian constant sets are selectable between 2009 and 2015 standards.
- At start, LiVal tries to connect to the last used device first of all to save time. To change this default behaviour, following command line arguments can be used:
Arg1 = COM/FTDI/TCPIP/BT / SEARCH/OFFLINE
Arg2 = COM-port#/ USB-SN/ TCPIP/BlutTooth address, if Arg1=COM/FTDI/TCPIP/BT
- "Log scale" and "Normed"-switches for spectrum chart.
- Play sound after the measurement ends.
- Graphical issues if very large or very small monitor is used. -> Fixed.
- Duv calculation: negative values must be allowed if the measured chromaticity coordinates are beneath the Planckian locus. -> Fixed.
- Start with connected Bluetooth devices could cause crash. -> Fixed.
- with TCP/IP connection changing the measuring head was not recognized -> fixed
- software could crash when loading CSV reference file with radiant intensity values -> fixed
- software could crash during start with connected bluetooth device -> fixed
- minor baseline error in calibration of UV-devices -> fixed
- Reconnect automatically on connection errors
- UV correction not performed by software LiVal but only by firmware
- Metamerism calculation with non-UV-devices was wrong -> fixed
- If software was started in Radiant Intensity mode, wrong units were not dimmed -> fixed
- Spectral data were not deleted in some cases if the measurement was deleted -> fixed
- Setting for metamerism export was not saved -> fixed
- Metamerism data could not be exported in some cases -> fixed
- Quality grade dependency on du'v' was neglected -> fixed
- Metamerism panel was not cleared if data were deleted -> fixed
- Selection of illuminant in metamerism panel was dimmed sometimes -> fixed
- compiled with JETI_SDK V3.2.3 -> "could not write calibration data" -> fixed
- JETI LiMeS renamed into JETI LiVal
- Adaption of integration time is now done by firmware
- Introduction of sync measurement and handling (manual or automatically measured frequency)
- Useage of action spectra
- UV and offset correction possible (*para:correna)
- not stored measuring data can be reconstructed after program crash
- a small information window can be overlayed for each measurement and reference
- Communication with device via JETI DLLs
- more than one spectra can be stored in a reference file and reloaded afterwards
- menu of table view (Sort, ...) is hidden
- measuring mode for pulsed light (specbos 1201 flash) was removed
- Colorimetric values will be always calculated for 2° and 10° observer simultaneously
- Colorimetric values can be exported as 2° and/ or 10°
- CRI is always calculated independend of the observer setting (with 2° observer)
- the zoom level for xy and u´v´diagrams is limited
- Arithmetic operation of spectral calculation will be indicated
- cursor will be blanked out for screen shots
- Display of remaining time was not always correct -> fixed
- Radiometric value was sometimes calculated not correctly (user selected range) -> fixed
- Wavelength range in export panel was not checked with regard to invalid values -> fixed
- Legend of table was not correct after 'Clear All'-> fixed
- Selection of measurements in different views was not correct -> fixed
- light classification shown in Metamerism-Panel
- error in metamerism calculation -> fixed
- timeout (lost connection) at long measurements -> fixed
- average at fixed integration time not possible -> fixed
- metamerism calculation included
- during spectrum refresh cursor could not be set -> fixed
- no refresh of xy- and u'v'-diagram after measurement -> fixed
- small corrections in About-Panel
- weighting function for PAR calculation
- If unit (specbos 1201) is not calibrated, no more infinite warning loop
- Changing of graph properties via context menu, not via double click in the legend
- Excel export via LibXL libraty (no crash any more)
- Possibility of Export of xls, xlsx and csv
- CCT dimmed if 10° observer is used, no export, no Planckian curve
- no error message after aborting a measurement
- Timestamp in table extended to seconds
- Changed adaption (with reference measurements)
- Format of time and date corrected
- sometimes no actualization of values after a measurement -> corrected
- Lamp Stability Check corrected
- specbos 1211 LAN (via RealPort) was set to false Baud rate -> corrected
- False Baud rate in About window -> corrected
- PAR values in scientific notation
- PAR calculation in addition for 5 selected wavelength ranges
- CCT calculation according to Y. Ohno
- no CCT with 10° observer selected
- STRG+C copies table content into clipboard (previous the calibration panel was popped up)
- Savitzky-Golay smoothing introduced
- negative spectral values are not cut any more
- Compiled with CVI 2010 SP1 (previously CVI 2009 SP1)
- Calculation of ratio of integral values of two selected wavelength ranges
- Data export now directly into xls file (via Excel DLL) and not any more into Excel started in background
- Additional error in switching measuring head removed
- Error in switching measuring head removed
- Name will be proposed during storage of calibration file
- Switching of measuring head with missing calibration changed
- Battery status of accumulator driven instrument is shown
- Port will be closed in case of heavy communication errors
- Color values CIE XYZ can be displayed and exported (Excel, CSV)
- Timeout of FetchSpectrum changed from 100ms to 500ms
- Single flash measurement also possible in Radiant flux mode
- Fixed integration time of single flash measurement can be changed
- Correction measurement for sphere with auxiliary lamp
- Stability check of a light source
- Redundant inscrition (nm) of table labeling of spectrum removed
- Error in zooming removed
- Raw spectrum will be stored in RAM too
- Weighting functions now possible with unit
- COM port will be released automatically and new initialized during wake up in case of suspend mode
- Raw spectrum always from 200 to 1000nm
- Default directory will be user directory if not selected otherwise
- Multi selection in spectrum list corrected (legend)
- During release of COM port the timer will be stopped
- No flashing of laser and maximum 2.5% intensity in case of focus units
- 'Clear Always' and 'Clear Never' deleted, now selection between display of all measurements or only active one in spectral diagram display
- XYZ calculation for 10° observer corrected
- False Excel output of radiometric spectrum in connection with action spectrum corrected
- False wavelength range during display of weighted spectrum removed
- Useage of user specified weighting functions and spectral calculations
- Status of window (maximized or not) will be restored after restart of program
- no direct Excel export any more, but adaptable internal table, which can be exported as XLS/XLSX or CSV file
- during export of table into CSV the PC country settings are considered
- Display of numbers in program are also country specific (decimal separator)
- Continuous measurement possible without fixed integration time or hold of integration time
- Device will be set to default values during finishing of program
- Target laser will be switched on automatically after measurement (selectable in options menu)
- Wavelength range for export of spectrum in table can be selected
- RGB will be deleted correctly
- Correction of maxcounts display (F12)
- Laser can be switched on automatically after measurement (selectable in menu options)
- Laser will be switched off during measurement and remains switched off afterwards (as to vers. 3.5.3.)
- Laser remains switched on, will only be switched off during a measurement
- PAR calculation corrected
- height of list of measuring files adapted (no overlap any more)
- corrects the display of y axis labeling
- Background figures of diagrams again as extra figures
- If no CCT calculated, the no CRI calculation by default
- Corrected calculation of remaining time
- Display of unit of radiometric value corrected
- Adaption algorithm corrected
- internal bugfix
- Software can be triggered by the instrument
- Pictures used in program are stored in UIR and not in extra files any more
- internal bugfix
- Interface can be deactivated and activated without finishing of the program
- Spectral diagram without colored line, but area beneath the spectrum filled by appropriate color
- Reduced column width in Excel
- False labeling of Radiance corrected
- Extension of waiting time for loading of calibration data
- Calculation of RGB values
- Program warning message , if measurements are not stored
- more than one spectrum can be selected for Excel export and deletion
- Number format of radio and photometric values can be switched between floating point and scientific notation
- Supports up to 16384 columns in Excel export (Excel 2007)
- previous loaded or stored file format (SPC or CSV) will be saved
- Change in CCT calculation (formula of 10° observer)
- possible start wavelength 190 nm, end wavelength 2500 nm
- Name of spectrum during Excel export is not asked separately
- Speed up of Excel export
- maximum size of McAdams ellipses increased to 10
- minimum panel size reduced to 1024 x 600 (typical resolution of new netbooks)
- Calculation of centroid wavelength corrected
- Adjustment of font size at panel zoom
- measuring mode for pulsed light sources and single flash
- special calculation window for LED values (FWHM, Peak, centroid)
- measuring distance (radiant intensity) will be saved and displayed
- user-defined wavelength range for radiometric value calculation
- changeable measurement name (via popup-menu)
- Calculation of spectral integral changed, Addition of mean value of neigbouring values
- Name of Excel column in own dialog asked with proposed name
- Color temperature (CCT), dominate wavelength (DWl) and color purity (PE) in Excel table with full words
- If no CCT calculated, the entry will be dimmed
- Search of maximum beginning only at pixel 2 (Workaround)
- program start takes very long on some Windows 2000 systems -> fixed
- user-defined ellipse (for pass/fail-test) can be saved and loaded
- graph labels can be switched on and off
- calibration files can be deleted from device
- all ranks will be saved - improved background pictures in 10° xy- and u'v'-diagrams
- communication timeout too short in some cases -> fixed
- error, if calibration file has resolution other than 1nm -> fixed
- calibration file could not be send to device if user has no administrative privileges -> fixed
- improved adaption
- error in calculation of circadian metrics -> fixed
- replaced ftL with fL (new syntax)
- switch between SI and imperial units
- new big display of numerical measuring values
- support of new JETI devices (identifier JETI_...)
- no refresh of rank view in some cases -> fixed
- error if measuring mode is switched manually -> fixed
- could not find devices with com-ports >9 -> fixed
- new button 'Delete' in Rank-Edit panel to clear memory
- keep path to rank files
- new main menu entry 'Excel'
- rank files could not be loaded correctly -> fixed
- new measurement mode 'Rank'
- new sample (nr. 15) for CRI
- laser can be dimmed
- measuring mode and calibration file is shown in main window
- switchable measuring mode in offline-mode
- zoomable xy- and u'v'-diagrams even without displayed measuring values
- in some cases divide-by-zero error -> fixed
- sometimes device could not be identified -> fixed
- com-port can be set as argument when program starts
- improved speed of calibration file table
- error during send of calibration data -> fixed
- use minimum integration time and minimum and maximum adaption border from device parameter
- error after manual switching after calibration -> fixed
- incorrect CRI sample values in const.dat -> fixed
- error loading const.dat -> fixed
- new const.dat
- pass/fail with min-max-test for radiometric and photometric values
- pass/fail with polygons and McAdams ellipse for chromaticity coordinates xy
- load, save and view calibration files
- hall sensor can be deactivated (manual switching calibration file)
- calibration files in arbitrary order
- change distance for radiant flux with CTRL-D
- calibration files must not be saved on disk during calibration process
- new arrangement of menu entries
- keep light source setting for CRI for new measurements
- keep wavelength range setting for PAR for new measurements
- improved device selection dialog
- update measuring values also in raw spectra view
- draw spectra fixed
- cursor error if wavelength range starts at <380 nm="" -=""> fixed
- compiled with CVI 8.0.1
- compiled with CVI 8.0
- cursor could cause runtime error -> fixed
- changed company address
- adaption fixed
- revised adaption of integration time (adjusted min border and target counts)
- coloured line in spectra view fixed
- adaption with split-time fixed
- improved coloured line in spectra view
- accelerated spectral view
- revised adaption of integration time (use internal split-time)
- reference file with radiant intensity could not be loaded -> fixed
- sometimes no adaption during calibration process -> fixed
- first release of JETI LiMeS